Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 14026 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 2:46 AM
Default -- Change Game Language --
Hello guys, here is a really easy and quick tutorial on how to change your game's language.

If you would like a program to do it for you, check my The Sims 4 Game Tools program.

Step 1 - Download the language pack. The language pack is below - make sure you download the one for the latest patch.
Step 2 - Place the acceptable Strings_LANGUAGE_COUNTRY.package file into your installation folder.
Step 3 - Open The Registry Editor/Regedit
- Search for 'regedit' in the Start menu.
Step 4 - Change The Sims 4 Locale
- In the registry editor go to this location:
- 32-bit Users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4
- 64-bit Users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Maxis -> The Sims 4
- Change the 'Locale' tag with your wanted language:
- Czech: cs_CZ
- Danish: da_DK
- German: de_DE
- English: en_US
- Spanish: es_ES
- Finnish: fi_FI
- French: fr_FR
- Italian: it_IT
- Japanese: ja_JP
- Korean: ko_KR
- Dutch: nl_NL
- Norwegian: no_NO
- Polish: pl_PL
- Portuguese (Brazil): pt_BR
- Russian: ru_RU
- Swedish: sv_SE
- Chinese (Traditional): zh_TW
- I will be changing my game to Spanish, so I will use "es_ES" in the 'Locale' tag.
Step 5 - Close out of the Registry Editor
Step 6 - Launch The Sims 4
- Launching The Sims 4 will act like you just installed it, you can move your saves & mods only to the new documents folder.

If you need help, ask! Hope this tutorial works well for you guys!
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar Strings.rar (14.90 MB, 7215 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Updated For Patch: 03/26/2015 - 1.5.139.1020

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, or Visit my Simblr for questions, comments, requests, or just a quick "hi" - I don't bite. If you need to contact me for anything, do so.
Requests
Valid Requests: CAS recolors, Build/Buy Mode recolors, houses or rooms, and simple script mods.
4 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th May 2015 at 5:39 PM
the current user is not entitled to run the sims 4 in the installed language... oh dear god whyyyy..ive tried everything to put my game in english..
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 10:48 AM
Yes, I got the same problem as well!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 4:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky007
the current user is not entitled to run the sims 4 in the installed language... oh dear god whyyyy..ive tried everything to put my game in english..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Bo
Yes, I got the same problem as well!

Sorry for the late reply, but unfortunately, this is a problem with Region Locks. [A 'bug' or problem EA caused to make it so some countries have to play in their native languages]. I am still trying to find a solution for this.

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, or Visit my Simblr for questions, comments, requests, or just a quick "hi" - I don't bite. If you need to contact me for anything, do so.
Requests
Valid Requests: CAS recolors, Build/Buy Mode recolors, houses or rooms, and simple script mods.
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 1:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simalary44
Sorry for the late reply, but unfortunately, this is a problem with Region Locks. [A 'bug' or problem EA caused to make it so some countries have to play in their native languages]. I am still trying to find a solution for this.
It is required to put file GDFBinary_(locale).dll in Origin Games\The Sims 4\_Installer. For example - if someone wants polish in his/her game he/she needs file GDFBinary_pl_PL.dll. Same will english - but instead GDFBinary_pl_PL.dll he/she will need GDFBinary_en_US.dll.
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 6:27 PM
Can I change the language to hungarian?