Replies: 1751 (Who?), Viewed: 64861 times.
Page 71 of 71
Mad Poster
#1751 Old Yesterday at 10:50 PM
Road to Recovery: Lu-Net of the Glen
Interlude I: Reunion with Colleen

Prior to my operations for the nerve implants, my therapist, Colleen, gave me a blank card to use once I was ready to see her again.

Been out of sorts, so I guess it's time to go back and vent the most sordid parts of my emotional exhaustion, issues and all around trauma of indecisiveness.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
#1752 Old Today at 1:36 AM
Honestly very confused.

When I was offered a position at my last job, I had one (1) interview speaking with one (1) person, and I signed papers and got things done within the first week of being hired. This (potentially) new job is WAYYYY different. So far, I've spoken with TWO (2) people, on two different days, both of whom offered the position. The second guy actually told me that they'ed send me a letter that would state if I've been hired and when the orientation is and then there's the onboarding thing where I sign papers ON A SEPARATE DATE. Good lord, this is messy.

And I still have some doubts about joining the military. I have family in the military, and they've mentioned it can be tough at times. I don't have any physical disabilities, but I do have a mental one (autism) and I do have to take meds. One of them is for hypothyroidism and is required, no matter what. The other two - no, one, since my psychologist recommended I stick to just the attention medication since the third med wasn't helping - are optional and ones I can live without. These things might end up being deal-breakers, though I have no way of knowing for sure unless I try.

I'll wait until the end of this week for the letter. If it doesn't come, then I'll head over to the recruiter building and try my luck there.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Page 71 of 71