Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 5819 (Who?), Viewed: 210043 times.
Page 233 of 233
Forum Resident
#5801 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 6:06 PM
I do not recall it exactly now but at my last play session there was a popup message about my sims and it said that she have been doing so well she soon would be in for a nice surprise. And this sim really do work on her reputation. She talks whit a lot of sims, tell jokes and she's very friendly to everyone.
Lab Assistant
#5802 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 6:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by budwinys
The best/worst thing was that my sims just ignored his death and did the "pew, that stinks" thing when they passed the cage until I told one of them to clean him up. Poor Sir Feathers!

I love my sims, but sometimes, just sometimes, I get the feeling they have no idea what love or even affection is. It is amusing, but why so heartless? Cry a little! Sigh, at least!

Although, speaking of feelings and such, I found out sims can worry for other sims who are passed-out on the floor, regardless of their relationship. I found it quite adorable when Alexander and Cassandra stood near a passed-out, pregnant Dina doing that anxious animation despite their terrible relationship. They could have woken her up, but hey, it is a start. A baby step, but still a step, I guess.

In this house, we respect and treasure all Pleasantview, Veronaville and Strangetown pre-mades. Is that clear?

Good.
Mad Poster
#5803 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 1:30 AM
Because birds are objects and not sims they would have no memories of him and therefore no memory of his death and that's why they won't be sad, unlike with a cat or dog.
Instructor
#5804 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 10:41 AM Last edited by LilSister : 19th Apr 2018 at 2:40 PM.
I thought that you couldn't have dogs in apartment buildings with elevators because dogs couldn't use the elevator. I decided to try it with a Sim who lives in apartment building on the second floor with elevator access only to see if it would work. I used Monique's computer to purchase a dog. Walking the dog can be tricky because both Sims can't get into the elevator at the same time so the action will drop from their queue. My work around for this was to have Constance (owner) go downstairs first and then call over Buddy (the dog) and take him for a walk. Upon returning from their walk Buddy would usually go directly upstairs to eat and sleep. We established a regular walking routine and Buddy was scolded if he had an accident in the house. Buddy was given an opportunity to pee outside the building so Constance could praise him for peeing outside. Constance also trained Buddy to obey two basic commands, come here and stay. Constance no longer has to take Buddy for a walk if she doesn't want to. She can now command Buddy to go pee outside and then she follows him so that she can clean-up after him. Afterward taking care of business Buddy and Constance will play for a while before returning to their apartment. I'm still amazed that Buddy can use the elevator.
Mad Poster
#5805 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 1:45 PM
Dogs are smart

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Field Researcher
#5806 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 4:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annorah
I love my sims, but sometimes, just sometimes, I get the feeling they have no idea what love or even affection is. It is amusing, but why so heartless? Cry a little! Sigh, at least!

Although, speaking of feelings and such, I found out sims can worry for other sims who are passed-out on the floor, regardless of their relationship. I found it quite adorable when Alexander and Cassandra stood near a passed-out, pregnant Dina doing that anxious animation despite their terrible relationship. They could have woken her up, but hey, it is a start. A baby step, but still a step, I guess.

Grumpy sims laugh at passed out sims. I even had a dad who laughed at his passed out toddler. Kind of inappropriate.
Scholar
#5807 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 6:37 PM
Never had a pet run away until yesterday (dog), didn't know they would.

Maybe it was because I used Sim Blender to move the stray in without building up the relationship?

He had no collar, and even though I kept reporting him missing, they eventually told me I was out of luck.\

(He showed up the next day and so I used Sim Blender to move him in again. He seems to be stuck with a 'run away' icon. I didn't say I was smart.)

...it seemed to be a game about watching other people sitting around the house, on a computer. It just seemed so lame. - Rod Humble on his first impression of "The Sims".
Mad Poster
#5808 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 6:40 PM
Hummm I wonder what has/will become of it?(dog)
Will he be deleted by the game...
Oh! You seem to have edited your post as I was writing mine So dogs who run away would become strays then?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Instructor
#5809 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 9:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne
Never had a pet run away until yesterday (dog), didn't know they would. Maybe it was because I used Sim Blender to move the stray in without building up the relationship? He had no collar, and even though I kept reporting him missing, they eventually told me I was out of luck.\(He showed up the next day and so I used Sim Blender to move him in again. He seems to be stuck with a 'run away' icon. I didn't say I was smart.)

I had this happen to me years ago; I moved in a stray after it became friends with my Sim. Although friends their relationship score was low and I don't remember what caused the dog to run away. The dog didn't have a collar, but I reported him missing anyway. I think it was a townie who called saying they found the dog and was bringing him back but they never came. The dog was still showing as part of the household and all of his needs were in the red. The dog eventually came around the Sim's home and I did the same thing you did, used the Sim Blender to move him back in, and also like you the dog continued to have the "ran away" icon. What fixed everything for me was moving a family member along with the dog into another household using the move out function. This seemed to reset what every caused the glitch. I let them stay in that home for about 2 days to make sure all was well and then I moved them back to their original home and bought the dog a collar. It took some time but the dog and all the Sims in the home eventually became friends. May this or something similar may work for you.
Top Secret Researcher
#5810 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 11:40 PM
discovered a number of weeks ago:: jackhammer on any elevator unit (shaft or door) would remove all units in the elevator system.
Lab Assistant
#5811 Old Yesterday at 12:14 AM Last edited by Primavera : Yesterday at 1:33 AM.
Not something I discovered today but a long time ago: whenever I would send teen sims I don't like to college and let them fight constantly to keep things interesting. But after a while all the dormies would groan or sigh and do that judgmental 'mm-mmm' noise whenever one sim would shove the other (I think they also slouched and lowered their heads whenever they walked past my group of fighting sims, I can't remember). It was funny to watch the dormies judge those sims, it passed the time .
Instructor
#5812 Old Yesterday at 1:22 AM
I discovered that, unlike the nannies, the firefighters are extremely well trained. I'd just installed Emerald Heights, and nearly got off to a tragic start when a tree caught fire in the King-Montes garden. Luckily, Maribel had been late for lunch and was still munching her sandwich, oblivious to the commotion in the front yard, when I realized the fire was spreading. I was just able to catch her and send her to the phone before she went outside to pick up the tired toddler. The firetruck arrived with commendable speed and the firefighter started extinguishing Sims, starting with the one with lowest motives. He didn't worry about the burning yard until all Sims were extinguished. I've seen them take care of a burning Sim first in a kitchen fire, of course, but this was outdoors with several Sims on fire. I was impressed by his ability to prioritise - I thought for sure I'd lost Gabriela, and maybe David as well.
Mad Poster
#5813 Old Yesterday at 1:44 AM
I had exactly the same run away thing with a dog who ran away and never got brought back. He stayed with a run away icon when I readded him to the family, but did not appear to otherwise suffer.
Lab Assistant
#5814 Old Yesterday at 2:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
Grumpy sims laugh at passed out sims. I even had a dad who laughed at his passed out toddler. Kind of inappropriate.

LOL Command him to study parenting with urgency

In this house, we respect and treasure all Pleasantview, Veronaville and Strangetown pre-mades. Is that clear?

Good.
Scholar
#5815 Old Yesterday at 9:01 PM
There's a shelf in the "diner" food stand that's the perfect size for a Sim's "My First Simoleon" certificate.
Lab Assistant
#5816 Old Yesterday at 9:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieta_cassiopeia
There's a shelf in the "diner" food stand that's the perfect size for a Sim's "My First Simoleon" certificate.

You mean those:
I think that you could technically put most of the painting decor there but it will clip through the stove thing

Yeah it's just me. Only I'm not as obsessed with Susan Wainwright anymore.
Top Secret Researcher
#5817 Old Yesterday at 9:39 PM
my last post; meant sledgehammer instead of jackhammer.

around the same time: the bottom of at least elevator doors have transparent flooring.
Mad Poster
#5818 Old Yesterday at 9:46 PM
I think by diner food stand, she meant the 3 Vacation destination food stand...I really have no idea otherwise.

Lab Assistant
#5819 Old Yesterday at 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
I think by diner food stand, she meant the 3 Vacation destination food stand...I really have no idea otherwise.

its the same one but reskinned.

Yeah it's just me. Only I'm not as obsessed with Susan Wainwright anymore.
Mad Poster
#5820 Old Yesterday at 10:44 PM
Oh...that tells you how often I use these things.

Page 233 of 233