Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 13 (Who?), Viewed: 280 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 6:19 PM
Default Forgotten Hotkeys
I have been using a hotkey combination for a long time then I forgot when I stopped playing. It was a hotkey for continuously placing items without having to reselect the item. Do you guys know what it is? Thanks again.

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Advertisement
#2 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 6:20 PM
Holding down shift while putting down objects lets you put down multiples, unless you're in a dorm.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 6:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Holding down shift while putting down objects lets you put down multiples, unless you're in a dorm.

Well, that was quick. Thank you! I was pressing ctrl instead of shift that is why it wasn't working. Thank you, kind stranger!

Instructor
#4 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 6:55 PM
I learn more about this game everyday.

and Im not even playing right now

I gave up my dream to earn a living.
#5 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 7:40 PM
The < and > keys can also be used to rotate. Add "boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true" to userstartup.cheat and it'll rotate it at 45-degree angles as well, though not all objects work properly - in-ground hot tubs, in particular, suffer from both visual glitching and pathfinding errors. I believe you also need a hack for Sims to be able to watch TV from an angle.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Link Ninja
#6 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 9:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I believe you also need a hack for Sims to be able to watch TV from an angle.

Correct, here is the mod. very handy.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 11:09 PM
about the < and > keys; the keys that would work would be the non-Shift versions of those keys (, and .).

last I checked, Shift does not work with stairs or fireplaces. but it did work with all other object types. that was before getting my most recent packs.
Shift with wall, half-wall, fence; equivalent to "Room" tool.
Shift with floor/wall cover; cover all of respective type in the "enclosed" area.

some of the keyboard shortcuts are mentioned in the Learn to Play section of game.
expansion added shortcuts; those are mentioned in the Prima Guide of the respective expansion.
#8 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 11:30 PM
Strangely enough, there's no mention of that duplication trick. Hmh... some guides need to be updated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 5:34 AM
Do you guys know more tricks that I can use? That would be really helpful.

Link Ninja
#10 Old Today at 4:06 AM
Hey there, I thought of these today you can use. Try pushing 'M' when setting an object on a counter, shelf, or table and it will move it to a different slot position on the surface, if the surface has slots. This works for custom surfaces (tables, counters, side tables, shelves, etc) if they have slots enabled too.

In addition, if you find yourself hanging wall art, try [ and ] to move the wall art higher or lower on the wall. Not all art is enabled for this but most of maxis meshes are.

Mad Poster
#11 Old Today at 5:06 AM
B can pause a video while it's being taken, I have no idea of its use but it's something I discovered.

"It's a royal pain in the ass, I know, but it turns out most 11-year-old girls don't know jack shit about managing hangovers." - MinghamSmith
Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#12 Old Today at 5:17 AM
When I'm furnishing a lot, I toggle the day/night switch with L so I can check if the lighting from a lamp/light I plan to use is enough and with the appropriate color (white, yellow, colored) for the room/lot.

I gave up my dream to earn a living.
Link Ninja
#13 Old Today at 5:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanzen
When I'm furnishing a lot, I toggle the day/night switch with L so I can check if the lighting from a lamp/light I plan to use is enough and with the appropriate color (white, yellow, colored) for the room/lot.

This also works if you are, lets say, in a downtown hood and want it to be day. Press 'L' in hood view too

Lab Assistant
#14 Old Today at 9:29 AM
A shortcut I discovered that blew me away is the cameras shortcuts, when you are in the cinematic camera (or whatever the Tab button camera is) you can save camera positions with Shift + 4 to 9, or maybe 0, buttons and quickly return to them with the number key. Incredibly useful for screenshots and video making.

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
I will occasionally post my stuff at spicyplumbobs.wordpress.com, hopefully it's good.