Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 8198 (Who?), Viewed: 482876 times.
Page 328 of 328
Instructor
#8176 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliaD85
I'd like to see sims sitting at desk reading/doing homework/writing react the same way they do when they fall asleep eating. Who hasn't gotten drowsy when working on those things?

Fall asleep whilst doing homework/assignment
Lab Assistant
#8177 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 4:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diovanlestat

ASHASHDJAK, there is always something to add! I love this thread!

In this house, we respect and treasure all Pleasantview, Veronaville and Strangetown pre-mades. Is that clear?

Good.
Top Secret Researcher
#8178 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 12:53 AM
I just had a toddler grow to child and the parent still had the want locked for teachin them a nursery rhyme. That made me wish that learnin of nursery rhymes was not limited to toddlers and children were able to be taught them too.

I also think it'd be neat if children were to amuse themselves and or even with another child in singin the nursery rhymes.

I didn't think to look, but can children teach toddlers nursery rhymes or is it just teens and adults? If they can't, that would be cool too.

We need more interactions among the younger siblings.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#8179 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 1:45 AM
Children can teach them the nursery rhyme.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
#8180 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 1:49 AM
If a Sim wants to teach a toddler the nursery rhyme, but they're busy, you can have another Sim teach most of it to them, and then have the Sim with the want just finish it off. It's a little tricky to figure out when to stop though because the meter is replaced by the charisma skilling meter.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8181 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 2:35 AM
I like having older siblings teach the nursery rhyme. It helps them bond with their brother or sister.
Lab Assistant
#8182 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 6:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Oh! Thank you so much clsve!
Put it in my game, and tried this at UNI, on a Billy Bookcase. Oops..it does not work by itself? Is it something I must add to and make a mod? lol...The sims go toward the bookcase, then it cancels..

Sorry for a late answer but on Monday I had my annual visit to my dentist and yesterday a new visit to him to fix a small tooth-problem.

An easy answer to the cancellation is that it was easy to provide code to ask the Sim to search for body/charisma/logic books but the Sim wasn't able to find them. If the Sim find the book then it's the "book-object" that has to provide the code: sim goes to chair and sit down reading and so on If the Sim don't find the book the game goes on with next interaction in the queue.
A more complicated answer is that the code in the BookCase-globals is a complex mix to provide multipurpose use involving using events in call to primitive 0x006A Animate Sim and Run Tree by Name from different objects. All "book-reading" is using the same code with different parameters. I'm still searching for a solution to provide the Sim the proper book for studying body/charisma/logic.
Forum Resident
#8183 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 9:22 AM
I use townies as apartment residents, but I wish that we could assign residents to specific apartments. Sometimes it's odd to think of a single sim living in such a large unit by themselves, and I like the idea of certain sims staying in apartments I designate for storytelling purposes. It'd be nice to be able to visit an NPC-occupied apartment and see them hanging out with roommates. I guess it can be simulated by leaving pseudo-townies in apartments then not playing them or just putting several playables in the same building, but it's not exactly the same thing.

I also thought that it'd be nice to be able to give some sims varying levels of AL reputations for story purposes as well (without needing to cheat or spam certain actions to get the reputation to the required level), or even have the ability to keep reputations static despite any interactions of the contrary nature (it'd be nicer to have toggles per sim, but that'd probably be complicated).

I have some sims I'd like to stay feared, respected, or completely neutral again for story reasons, and sometimes it doesn't work out when their reputation becomes better because they're nice to select individuals. Granted, it can be interpreted as positive reputation from these people, but the game doesn't recognize it as such, barring enemies, and it's applied to the sim as a whole, making it so that your sims are admired by others. In the case of some romance sims, the reputation system doesn't always work out story-wise either.

Cyjon has mods to remove reputation rewards, though as I understand it, you can't mod everything out and have to leave at least either the gifts or the reputation boost in. I left the reputation boosts and all of the bad reputation deficits in, but I wonder if it's possible to completely do away with the positive reputation benefits for certain playstyles. Perhaps not given his statement.
Lab Assistant
#8184 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 10:41 AM
Default Playables As NPCs
Is there a mod that lets you do away with NPCs? (Uh, not kill existing NPCs; do away with the need for NPCs.) I'd really like it if a playable could be the handyman, or the nanny, or the gardener, with the money earned added to the household funds when the sim gets home from work just like with rabbit hole jobs.

On that same topic, does anyone know if this mod has been updated or remade for AL/M&G? It says in the thread that it is not compatible and that Squinge does not intend to update it, but other threads here on MtS say it still works. I'd like to be sure one way or the other before downloading it.
Mad Poster
#8185 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 11:01 AM
In short, no. NPCs are a feature that is a hard-coded subroutine in the game. You cannot totally get rid of them, nor can you replace them with your own.

No matter how you might try to eliminate them, they will exist-because Santa Claus & the witches will always spawn. Plus the bartenders, and counter clerks will repopulate as the game requires. The mailperson, fireman, & cops (and the robbers) also will be spawned with every single game.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Instructor
#8186 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 12:28 PM
Playables as NPC's
You can't get rid of all NPC's, but if you want your playables to be gardener's, maids, cooks, repairmen, nanny's, then take a look at Christianluv's All-In-One-Nanny. You select your playable to do the one of these jobs from a modded object, and you can arrange for them to get paid for the service. They can be scheduled to do this regularly. The Jessa Channel on You Tube, has a demonstration of this in action and how to set it up, but sorry can't remember the episode number at the moment.
Mad Poster
#8187 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diovanlestat
Playables as NPC's
You can't get rid of all NPC's, but if you want your playables to be gardener's, maids, cooks, repairmen, nanny's, then take a look at Christianluv's All-In-One-Nanny. You select your playable to do the one of these jobs from a modded object, and you can arrange for them to get paid for the service. They can be scheduled to do this regularly. The Jessa Channel on You Tube, has a demonstration of this in action and how to set it up, but sorry can't remember the episode number at the moment.

Maybe @TheJessaChannel can help with finding which episode it is.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Instructor
#8188 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 2:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by croiduire
On that same topic, does anyone know if this mod has been updated or remade for AL/M&G? It says in the thread that it is not compatible and that Squinge does not intend to update it, but other threads here on MtS say it still works. I'd like to be sure one way or the other before downloading it.

Squinge's hire family members should work. I have it in my game (All EPs and SPs), though I haven't actually used it yet (story of half my Mods folder). But I popped it in to see if any problems/conflicts came up and I haven't had any issues for months now. And the option comes up like it's supposed to when I play home businesses, so back up your game and try it. You should be okay.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Lab Assistant
#8189 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Maybe @TheJessaChannel can help with finding which episode it is.

Oh Good Lord, no. I can't even remember what was in an episode, let alone know what episode number it is.

You're requesting a taxing process on my poor old lady's memory! (I am older than I look.)

>.<

~Gaming Let's Plays served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Mad Poster
#8190 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 12:30 AM
ahah! I was taking a chance. I bet I am older than you...
And I found it.
https://youtu.be/VBXqa9qcAio
You start talking about it around 6m28 sec, and will explain how to set it up, around 7m29 sec in.
So for you, @croiduire and for me as well! *goes back to watch*

Lab Assistant
#8191 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 7:37 PM
It would be nice to have an humanized Tapu Bulu as the live-in helper of my Bulu family (Nanu and Grimsley and their children)
and then I would have to make Koko, Lele, and Fini be Bulu's siblings
Top Secret Researcher
#8192 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 10:10 PM
I'd like a mod that would nix the bonuses the sims received upon gettin a promotion. I know I could go in and take it out manually, but it would be so much better if they never got it to begin with :/
Lab Assistant
#8193 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBrat
I'd like a mod that would nix the bonuses the sims received upon gettin a promotion. I know I could go in and take it out manually, but it would be so much better if they never got it to begin with :/

Just spend it on landscaping and decorations.

Anyways most of my sims never work so...

Yeah it's just me. Only I'm not as obsessed with Susan Wainwright anymore.
Top Secret Researcher
#8194 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi Greenwood
Just spend it on landscaping and decorations.

Anyways most of my sims never work so...

I don't want to. I want some areas look rather run down and dilapidated. I like differences and havin a challenge of havin someone rise from very little.
Scholar
#8195 Old Yesterday at 9:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBrat
I don't want to. I want some areas look rather run down and dilapidated. I like differences and havin a challenge of havin someone rise from very little.

Spend it on grungy decoration perhaps? Some Fallout inspired deco and furnishings from Fractured Moonlight: http://fracturedmoonlight.tumblr.com/tagged/fallout
Forum Resident
#8196 Old Today at 4:03 AM
A coat or jacket deco that hangs on the back of a chair. That's where I always hang my coats.

@Diovanlestat Thank you! Thank you! *cackles at the thought of making her sims suffer*

You can't lie to me. I play Town Of Salem.
Mad Poster
#8197 Old Today at 4:35 AM
With all the different chairs in the game, not even counting the cc ones...I wish to the creator that all have the same height!

Mad Poster
#8198 Old Today at 4:51 AM
The same height from the butt to the floor? Some chairs don't have that?
Mad Poster
#8199 Old Today at 5:08 AM
The back of the chair, you know...where you'd actually put the coat.

Page 328 of 328