Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Wrong trees when loading a new hood
So I tried to start a new hood, but when I did, the automatically placed trees that Maxis put in were random country lanes by criquette-was-here and the group of trees were defaulted over the single trees. It looked really funky, and the weird part is that this happened on both my laptop AND my desktop. So I removed my downloads folder and started a new hood, and while it looked better than the first one, it was still wrong. There were rows of trees where there should have been single trees and the ponds had been placed where trees should have been (as seen in the photos).
Has anyone else ever encountered this? How do I fix it?
some chance of 1 or more installation file being changed.
if you have disc version of game, might replace various files in Program Files directory with their disc equivalents.
if you have the ultimate collection, might try "repair" option at Origin site.
Both of your pictures are normal game behaviour (although not particularly desireable).
For every tree that is placed on the SC4 terrain, the game assigns a random item from the trees category when creating a new neighbourhood using that terrain. As ponds and hedgerows are categorized as trees in the neighbourhood deco categories (as are Criquette's country lanes) then this means that they are also eligible to be picked.
Your options are:
1) Delete any neighbourhoods that have trees you don't like and make a new one until you get trees you do like;
2) Keep the neighbourhoods but delete the trees one by one (can be time-consuming);
3) Change the category of any items you don't want to be classified as trees (as this mod does);
4) Make your own treeless terrains in SC4 and then place the trees you want in-game;
5) Download treeless terrains and add your own trees.
I made some small treeless terrains, in case you're interested.