MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
Dexter the bear - updated for patch 1.50 / 1.55 / 1.63 /1.67
by ani_ Posted 5th Oct 2009 at 7:17 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:13 AM by ani_
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Please note. I no longer support these mods. Instead all my mods can now be found at Nraas.
No changes needed for 1.67
19.10.2013: No changes needed for 1.63
21.06.2013: No changes needed for 1.55
File name: ani_Dexter_150.zip
Changes: Split stabbing to two separate interactions, knife and sword.
No changes needed for 1.42
File name: ani_Dexter_138.zip
Replaced the knife with the sword from SHT. It's a bit exaggeration but the knife was too small.
There is still issues with the double weapon. I wonder will I ever figure this out :/
File name: ani_Dexter_SHT.zip
- Updated for SHT.
- Added check that if victim's distance from killer is less than 1f, don't take out weapon, just start killing. This will prevent the double knife syndrome when you are close to the victim.
File name: ani_Dexter_PETS.zip
- Updated for pets.
File name: ani_Dexter.zip
- Updated for Generations
- Removed the older versions as they won't be compatible any more after patching
File name: ani_Dexter_LN
- The killer will not be handcuffed any more, instead the cops will chat with them for a bit.
- Fixed the bug about
- Fixed the bug where the police car would appear in front of the police station, instead of the lot the the killings happened.
Thanks: desecrate for his suggestions to the arrest code.
File name: ani_Dexter_Ambition
Note 1: This version has only been quick tested in my test hood. So use it at your own risk.
Notes 2: Changed the text from hard-coded to STBL files.
Note 3: I'm planning on adding a new functionality to Dex, killing by chainsaw, so another update is on the way some day, which also means if anybody wants to translate Dex here are the strings.
- Chinese (there are two of these CN and TW)
- Spanish (there are two of these, MX and EX)
13.05.2010 Same old Dex, but with the fixed TXTC.
If Dex is not working
1. Download the framework (or use delphy's monkey installer)
2. If an object mod is not working it's becuase you are missing a certain dll (d3dx9_31.dll). After installing the framework, make sure it's in your TS3 bin folder, the path is something like this
- C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin
3. If you have WA, the dll needs to be copied to the WA bin folder
- C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 World Adventures/Game/bin
4. If dex is still not working, re-download dex, sometimes you just got a bad copy.
5. Still having trouble? Then here's a link to the wiki.
- Removed the older dex versions, as they no longer worked.
- You no longer loose your job if you are a criminal and get caught.
- For a witness to be able to call the cops, they have to be a child or above. Baby/toddler witnesses will still hate you.
- Added dex interactions outside of the inventory
- Instead of just adding the code that lets you put dex into the inventory, I replaced it with the base.OnStartup(), which means that all bear interactions are now included. The reason why dex wouldn't go into the inventory after the patch/WA was because EA changed the line of code to put stuff into the inventory. This change should keep dex more stable, after updates.
- The version I put now out, is the one where for a moment you see two weapons, as that version was more popular.
- I will not update the previous mods any more, they will stay as is.
- I removed the first dex version, as it was bugy and such.
Dex and WA:
- You can kill abroad, my lovely tester as well as I have tested this.
- You don't however go to jail, nor should the cop come as there are no jails abroad. Haven't tested what happens if you put a jail into a travel destination.
- Even thou no jail time abroad, all the other getting caught stuff will happen, people will hate you and you will loose your job if it's not criminal and you get the aura of evil.
- The moodlets you get from dex after a kill, will dissapear when you go on a holiday. So if your sim is too depressed becuase they saw a killing, you now have a good reason to take them on a relaxing trip.
Dex and no WA
- I won't be doing a dex that supports basegame + updates. The new dex should (I hope) work with the update as well, as I don't use any WA spesific code in it.
- the disappearing weapon. It still sometimes disappear, but it's way more stable now.
To keep the weapon from disappearing, I had to create it twice, once when the sim starts walking to the victim, then just before the killing animations starts. But this lead to a bug that for a fraction of a second, you end up with two weapons in your hand, and I have yet to figure out how to get that fixed.
So I present you with two version:
- Dexter V2: The weapon is drawn the moment the killing starts
- Dexter V2 DW: The sim will walk to the victim with the weapon in hand, but for a second you'll have two weapons in your hand.
In case anybody is interested, I used the DW version, because I love seeing my sims walk to the victim with the weapon.
- also fixed the bug that if the killing fails because the victim moved, you still got the moodlets.
- Other minor fixes, but can't remember what they were.
- If good witnesses see you, you will get arrested (evil witnesses won't call the cops). Getting arrested only works for adults, if a teen kills, then the cop will show up, but no arresting will happen.
- Aura of evil: if you get caught, you'll get the aura of evil, so there will be at least some long term effects after you are freed from jail. (Thank you Raggborg for suggesting this, I had no idea it even existed)
- If you have a job before you got caught, you will get fired.
- If you got caught, all the people in the victim's household will start hating you.
- People on the lot need to have the same room id to be witnesses. They will still sense when a sim is killed and rush in to watch. (thanks duppyraces for the suggestion)
- Sometimes you'll get arrested twice in a roll. So eat well before killing because they don't feed you in jail
Old bugs from V1
- The knife is still held wrongly, haven't had time to look at this.
---- end of V2 update-----
I always hated killing sims and got no thrill from accidental pool accidents. What I did get my kicks out of, was having my sims kill their fellow sims. In TS2 my favorite method was the "Crate of Throwing Axes" from simwardrobe because it was the closets thing to stabbing I ever got with my sims.
Unfortunately the family friendly atmosphere of TS3 was getting to my nerve, and I was bored with the - throw your victim in a dungeon and wait for them to starve - method of killing. So I made Dexter.
You will find him in the same category as the essel. So that's study -> hobbies.
Dexter is a clone of the teddy bear, he won't overwrite the original, but is a stand alone object. I use awesomemod, and have found no conflict. I'v used this mod in both my test hood, as well as my custom hood.
Put Dexter into your inventory and you will get three ways of killing a sim.
- Stabbing with a knife
- Bashing their head with a poker
- Bashing their head with a hammer
If the killer is evil or mean spirited, they will get three positive moodlet
- Let Off Steam, from witnessing death, 75 points, lasting 2 days
- Adrenaline Rush, from Grim Reaper, 100 points, lasting 1 day
- Fiendishly delighted, 75 points, lasting 2 days
If the killer is good
- Creaped out, from witnessing death, -75 points, 7 days
- Horrified, from watching sim suffer, -75, lasting 7 days
- Adrenaline rush, from Grim Reaper, 100 points, lasting 1 day
The reason I gave a good killer 7 days of misery is that I wanted to represent remorse.
The witnesses (other sims on the lot) will also get moodlets
- Fiendishly delighted, from watching sim suffer, 75 points, 2 days.
- Intrigued, from witnessing death, 18 points, 2 days.
If the witness is good
- Scared, from witnessing death, -75 points, 7 days
- Horrified, from watching sim suffer, -75 points, 7 days
- Creeped out, from witnessing death, -75 points, 7 days
The reason I gave the good witness so much misery, is because seeing a murder is traumatizing + sims are way too happy, way to easy.
Also both types of witnesses will get a relationship update to the killer, an evil witness will get a boost of 10 points, while a good witness will have the relationship to be as low as possible.
- The knife is held a bit wrongly, and the blade will stick out from the Sim's hand.
Not bugs but other things:
- As we don't have custom animations yet, I'm recycling. The stabbing animation is poking a fire in a fire place. The sims will bend their knees a bit, which means they won't stab as high as I would like.
As this is still a work in progress, I'm open for suggestions if anybody has an idea of an animation that might work here better.
- You can't stab children. This is not because I have high moral standards, but because children don't have the starving animation, so when they die, they'll stretch out. You can how-ever bash their pretty little heads in with the hammer or the poker. For that death I use death by burning and they have that animation. Babies and toddlers are unkillable, the killer will just jump and be reseted when I tried.
I hope you enjoy Dexter as much as I do.
Kolipoki for his Object modding tutorial, without it I would be nowhere.
TigerM for smooth Jazz.
And eveyrbody who made the cool tools I used, object cloner, pacage editor...
Pescado for awesome mod. I used his arresting code as a reference to get my sims arrested.
duppyraces for testing dex and for improvement suggestions.
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|ani_Dexter.zip||465.6 KB||70,490||2nd Jun 2011|
|ani_Dexter_PETS.zip||465.8 KB||31,806||22nd Oct 2011|
|ani_Dexter_SHT.zip||465.6 KB||20,732||10th Mar 2012|
|ani_Dexter_138.zip||467.3 KB||17,358||7th Sep 2012|
|ani_Dexter_150.zip||454.9 KB||52,194||24th Feb 2013|
4,771 Thanks Say Thanks
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
961 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 686 Feedback Posts, 237 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
#501 2nd Dec 2010 at 2:07 PM
#502 3rd Dec 2010 at 8:21 PM
#503 4th Dec 2010 at 9:12 PM
#504 6th Dec 2010 at 5:15 AM
#505 7th Dec 2010 at 2:48 AM
#506 7th Dec 2010 at 4:54 AM
#507 7th Dec 2010 at 7:25 AM
#508 7th Dec 2010 at 10:14 AM
#509 7th Dec 2010 at 11:54 PM
#510 8th Dec 2010 at 4:57 AM
#511 9th Dec 2010 at 4:16 PM
#512 9th Dec 2010 at 5:20 PM
#513 10th Dec 2010 at 9:08 PM
#514 20th Dec 2010 at 3:38 PM
#515 2nd Jan 2011 at 8:15 PM
#516 2nd Jan 2011 at 9:04 PM
#517 3rd Jan 2011 at 8:26 PM
#518 9th Jan 2011 at 3:50 PM
#519 10th Jan 2011 at 10:45 AM
#520 12th Jan 2011 at 7:10 AM
#521 12th Jan 2011 at 9:09 AM
#522 14th Jan 2011 at 7:16 PM
#523 15th Jan 2011 at 1:14 AM
#524 15th Jan 2011 at 3:54 AM
#525 16th Jan 2011 at 9:14 AM
#526 18th Jan 2011 at 2:01 AM
#527 18th Jan 2011 at 5:37 AM
#528 26th Jan 2011 at 5:33 AM
#529 27th Jan 2011 at 1:50 PM
#530 31st Jan 2011 at 7:00 PM
#531 1st Feb 2011 at 2:43 AM
#532 4th Feb 2011 at 2:51 AM
#533 5th Feb 2011 at 5:46 PM Last edited by RawrImaDinosaur : 11th May 2011 at 10:22 PM.
#534 11th Feb 2011 at 2:44 AM
#535 11th Feb 2011 at 2:45 AM
#536 14th Feb 2011 at 4:04 PM Last edited by QuickHop15 : 14th Feb 2011 at 4:11 PM. Reason: Fixed NVM
#537 23rd Feb 2011 at 2:19 AM
#538 26th Feb 2011 at 3:00 PM
#539 27th Feb 2011 at 8:33 PM
#540 28th Feb 2011 at 6:29 PM
#541 28th Feb 2011 at 6:31 PM
#542 3rd Mar 2011 at 10:08 PM
#543 8th Mar 2011 at 8:30 PM
#544 9th Mar 2011 at 5:24 PM
#545 12th Mar 2011 at 3:32 PM
#546 13th Mar 2011 at 5:55 PM
#547 17th Mar 2011 at 10:48 AM
#548 17th Mar 2011 at 10:49 AM
#549 19th Mar 2011 at 11:18 PM
#550 20th Mar 2011 at 6:55 PM
#551 23rd Mar 2011 at 1:36 PM
#552 26th Mar 2011 at 4:58 AM
#553 7th Apr 2011 at 9:17 PM
#554 10th Apr 2011 at 3:42 PM
#555 12th Apr 2011 at 11:13 AM
#556 12th Apr 2011 at 11:16 AM
#557 16th Apr 2011 at 5:21 PM
#558 20th Apr 2011 at 9:49 AM
#559 20th Apr 2011 at 8:26 PM
#560 26th Apr 2011 at 5:27 PM
#561 29th Apr 2011 at 8:16 PM
#562 8th May 2011 at 12:51 AM
#563 11th May 2011 at 9:34 PM
#564 11th May 2011 at 10:19 PM
#565 16th May 2011 at 2:17 PM
#566 29th May 2011 at 5:27 AM
#567 1st Jun 2011 at 6:48 AM
#568 1st Jun 2011 at 10:04 PM
#569 3rd Jun 2011 at 11:58 PM Last edited by jops444 : 4th Jun 2011 at 11:07 AM.
#570 7th Jun 2011 at 7:37 AM
#571 8th Jun 2011 at 5:16 AM
#572 9th Jun 2011 at 2:00 AM
#573 10th Jun 2011 at 10:03 PM
#574 21st Jun 2011 at 6:14 AM
#575 17th Jul 2011 at 9:43 PM
#576 26th Jul 2011 at 4:21 AM
#577 27th Jul 2011 at 5:16 PM
#578 27th Jul 2011 at 5:29 PM
#579 29th Jul 2011 at 1:26 PM
#580 31st Jul 2011 at 7:09 PM
#581 8th Aug 2011 at 6:39 AM
#582 24th Aug 2011 at 3:38 AM
#583 31st Aug 2011 at 4:49 AM
#584 7th Sep 2011 at 8:54 PM
#585 10th Sep 2011 at 3:13 PM
#586 14th Sep 2011 at 6:24 PM
#587 21st Sep 2011 at 10:01 PM
#588 1st Oct 2011 at 3:25 PM
#589 2nd Oct 2011 at 2:33 AM
#590 2nd Oct 2011 at 9:18 AM
#591 10th Oct 2011 at 12:54 AM
#592 10th Oct 2011 at 10:47 AM
#593 10th Oct 2011 at 7:39 PM Last edited by Emanuelle : 10th Oct 2011 at 8:02 PM.
#594 15th Oct 2011 at 7:56 AM
#595 16th Oct 2011 at 3:36 AM
#596 20th Oct 2011 at 10:49 PM
#597 21st Oct 2011 at 4:46 AM
Page 6 of 10
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
961 Comments / replies (Who?)
54 Feedback Posts
43 Thanks Posts