Mod The Sims
Page 6 of 9

Mod The Sims (http://www.modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Script & Core Mods (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=637)
-   -   Dexter the bear - updated for patch 1.50 / 1.55 / 1.63 (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=372599)

littlewizzplayer 9th Jan 2011 3:50 PM

I can't get the bear into my inventory anymore When I hover over it it says something like "Gameplay.Object.Knife.." (?)

The old version I had worked perfectly so I don't know what's wrong this time.

SuicidiaParasidia 10th Jan 2011 10:45 AM

Did you ever know that you're my hero~....
and everything I would like to be?

but seriously, i love you this mod makes ts3 worth it.

FredGirl77 12th Jan 2011 7:10 AM

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for this mod.

I have an idea for a death... With Sims 3 Late Night and the new mixology skill, sims could poison people.

kn0xxvill3 12th Jan 2011 9:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewizzplayer
I can't get the bear into my inventory anymore When I hover over it it says something like "Gameplay.Object.Knife.." (?)

The old version I had worked perfectly so I don't know what's wrong this time.

copy your d3dx9_31.dll from sims3 game/bin folder to the game/bin folder from LN.

littlewizzplayer 14th Jan 2011 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn0xxvill3
copy your d3dx9_31.dll from sims3 game/bin folder to the game/bin folder from LN.

It works now!Thank you so much! :D

Evilrex 15th Jan 2011 1:14 AM

Can I ask, why can't you use the Pangu Axe as a weapon? It would be so awesome.

Or the chainsaw?

Cassidayus 15th Jan 2011 3:54 AM

Thanks! :D. Tehe. Oh, The joy of Sims 3 and Mods. This is really cool & I can't wait to try it out!

w2a2l2k2e2r 16th Jan 2011 9:14 AM

It won't work for me, I've placed it in my game. tried all the versions except late night (because I don't have that EP) I can't click it in the hobbies section. if I do click it my sims 3 page stops working and I have to close it. Is their anyway I could fix it.

Cassidayus 18th Jan 2011 2:01 AM

It shuts my game down... ? How do i fix it without it shutting my game down? I just have regular sims3 .. not late night. Please reply.

njackson81 18th Jan 2011 5:37 AM

Quick Question, I took kn0xxvill3's advice and copied over the d3dx9_31.dll over to Late Night. It worked fine but when I went to save my game it gave me the Error 13 alert. I've looked already what to do for this but is anyone else having this problem?

mtsimguy 26th Jan 2011 5:33 AM

I hope you do manage to figure out how to add use of the chainsaw.

I was wodering if you could add the option to 'Select a Sim to Stab with Wooden Stake.' It would would be great if you could kill vampires in the traditional way.

mrsdicaprio 27th Jan 2011 1:50 PM

Shuts my game down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidayus
It shuts my game down... ? How do i fix it without it shutting my game down? I just have regular sims3 .. not late night. Please reply.

My game does the same thing. Every time I click Dexter in buy mode, the game shuts down. I have world adventures, ambitions and high end loft installed. Anyone help?

Flippin'Hippos97 31st Jan 2011 7:00 PM

I made a massive house and was just starting on the underground lair...I clicked the bear and MY WHOLE GAME CRASHED! D:<

AllieMac 1st Feb 2011 2:43 AM

arghhh this is crashing the shit out of my game D: which sucks cause I had this mod on my old computer and loved it </3

Erik Destler 4th Feb 2011 2:51 AM

What happens to the sim after I kill it? Where do its remains go?

RawrImaDinosaur 5th Feb 2011 5:46 PM

ericapoe 11th Feb 2011 2:44 AM

yay it works now!

ericapoe 11th Feb 2011 2:45 AM

dude this is awesome thank you for making such a demonic mod!

QuickHop15 14th Feb 2011 4:04 PM

Everytime I click on the mod in game in Buy Mode, my game crashes. The dll is in the bin folder in Sims, and the Dex file in packages. I've tried re-installing the mods, but still nothing. I don't understand whats going on. =/

belle1305 23rd Feb 2011 2:19 AM

i hate doing this, i feel terrible for needing help after reading all 21 pages..sorry in advance....i have all ep and sp except fast lane, i have windows 7 and a few tuning mods(homework in 15 minutes fast toddler walking potty and talk, hack anytime, food truck and no mossaic) i tried everything except using the awesome mod that was mentioned throughout all 21 pages. i have reached the end of the line the sims 3 moding is more complicated than sims 2...makes me miss sims 2

Lucifer Baphomet 26th Feb 2011 3:00 PM

I signed up here, just to say how totally awesome this is.

batresko 27th Feb 2011 8:33 PM

i have a problem i install the mod and i found it in the game but when i want to click on it the game will close help me plz

AnnabelCrazy 28th Feb 2011 6:29 PM

AWWWWW!! I want the police to arrest me

AnnabelCrazy 28th Feb 2011 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdicaprio
My game does the same thing. Every time I click Dexter in buy mode, the game shuts down. I have world adventures, ambitions and high end loft installed. Anyone help?

mrsdicarprio you need late night

Minraed 3rd Mar 2011 10:08 PM

arghh... not put in handcuffs anymore? Darn.. that was exactly what I was looking for oh well.

Krysee 8th Mar 2011 8:30 PM

Totally not enjoying the Aura of Evil that's making my whole goddamn household hate me. What do you want me to do, kill THEM too? Really pisses me off that my sim, who is a loving mother with no enemies (not even one she killed: he was paparazzi who let himself into the security gate during a party he wasn't invited to), gets boo'd by her husband and children when her relationship bars with them is maxed out and glows red 24/7 with no way to clean it off of her. The Aura of Evil is a deal-breaker.

OTHERWISE, this is a great mod with a great implementation, and I totally appreciate the work you've put into it. :D

fiberglassdolphin 9th Mar 2011 5:24 PM

This is one of my all-time favorite mods and I'm glad that it's being updated. My only issue is that each murder results in a skinny fridge-raiding ghost. I would suggest a more appropriate ghost type, probably death-by-meteor since that's the only death in the game actually caused by an object. It also doesn't give the ghost any behavioral quirks, and there is no death-by-meteor sim animation, so you can use the death-by-starvation animation and then initiate death-by-meteor.

michael.dolan 12th Mar 2011 3:32 PM

Does this mod work with Outdoor Living Stuff? And will it effect saved games?
Thank!

beckaclark1907 13th Mar 2011 5:55 PM

I really want this and I dowloaded the update for LN but when I tried to extract it (with 7-zip) it said that there was an error with file and that it was broken or something?? :/ ahha...

peterbiltuk 17th Mar 2011 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyoxenfree
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I have an issue with being able to place it into my Sims inventory.

me tooo

peterbiltuk 17th Mar 2011 10:49 AM

it wont work in my inventory someone please help

Bouwulf 19th Mar 2011 11:18 PM

Please

Hey, I think this mod is one of the best mods around, but please, please, please can I request something. I've got this idea about a clan of crazy vamps, so can you please add something to the dexter bear. Could you add a thing where vampires can kill or convert someone without asking, just simply biting them. Please work on that and I will be sooo grateful

mermaidsimgirl 20th Mar 2011 6:55 PM

One Question before i Download, What Colour would the ghost be? Because the Ghosts vary in colour depending on how they die.

simpsins123 23rd Mar 2011 1:36 PM

what file do i put it in?

amandariffic 26th Mar 2011 4:58 AM

This WILL NOT work with OLS and above.. game crashes or wont load completely.

amazinggoddess 7th Apr 2011 9:17 PM

oh now I know why it keeps crashing I have only have ambitions and I got the ambitions download and it crashes when I try to buy it or its the new ambitions patch : 4.7

hie 10th Apr 2011 3:42 PM

Thank you SO much ani_! This made my gaming experience AMAZING! I don't use it religiously, but it's great to have around. I'm actually thinking about creating a character to just go around killing people and having someone to kill him to make him stop. (I have a very devilish mind.) Maybe just make him to kill my enemies, but we'll see. Thanks a million times over!

x_LittLe_Girl_x 12th Apr 2011 11:13 AM

it didn't work, i need help please Oo

x_LittLe_Girl_x 12th Apr 2011 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbiltuk
me tooo

me too =( it's in the game put i can't put it in my inventory ... and nobody takes care about that Oo i've written a mail to ani_ and she did'nt answers =(

Magickaela 16th Apr 2011 5:21 PM

game freezes when i go to buy it i was really hoping to kill people

Jo-Barf_Creepy 20th Apr 2011 9:49 AM

What if I have Late Night AND Ambitions?

Chisst 20th Apr 2011 8:26 PM

I have a problem with this mod. Whenever i try to kill anyone the "Murderer" just stays still and does nothing. Only way to unfreeze her is to make her pee her pants :P
But i installled everything right (Probably) and the teddy is in her inventory. Whatsss wroooooooooooooong???

belle1305 26th Apr 2011 5:27 PM

ok it took a while but i finally got it to work and its awesome! for ANYONE WHO STILL CANNOT GET IT TO WORK...use the new way of installing cc to the game go back to the overview and follow instuctions word for word, than you can use it!

Shadowrockstar 29th Apr 2011 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaerd
A bit more info is needed... you tried downloading, and the download failed? Shouldn't have anything to do with your game working or not, unless you download directly into the Packages folder, in which case a corrupt or incomplete download would hose it up. So don't download it directly to your packages folder, download it somewhere else, and assuming the download works, then move it into your packages folder.. Also be sure to download the correct one for the version +eps you have...

Other than that, you just have not provided enough information for a definitive answer to be supplied.

I don't know what I did, but I tried following the instructions, and I got confused and I MAY have put it in the wrong place? I have no clue what I did but my game won't work anymore. When I click on the game it says, "There has been an error, please log in". It's messed up. I think I messed it up because I tried my best at following the instuctions, but I got confused and....yeah. D: It hasn't been working ever since I tried downloading this :S

sister118 8th May 2011 12:51 AM

how do you get the bear in your invintory????

~MadameButterfly~ 11th May 2011 9:34 PM

Thank-you...I just recently updated to LN. I'm going to use this to go Buffy-The-Vampire-Slayer on some vamps. (I'll have to make do with the knife, but that is ok.)

RawrImaDinosaur 11th May 2011 10:19 PM

really annoyed because everybody else knows how to download it and when i find out how to... i can't use it because i've got ambitions, late night, outdoor living stuff, high end lofts stuff, world adventures and the base game. gutted...
otherwise im sure i would have loved it.
is there by any chance you can improve it to work with the stuff packs and stuff? its not very fun starving them to death. i mean, where is the justice?! ):

The Rookie 16th May 2011 2:17 PM

Hi.
there's a problem I've got with this teddy. after I've done what's said, I start the sims 3 LN and everythings working out smooth. at the main menu it sais something about a modscript (dexter the bear). i start my dexter-family and are about to place it but when i klick on the "Dexter bear" in buy-mode, everything becomes black. then a little warning-window comes up that says something like: Thesims3 stopped working,close program? "yes".
i have tried everything, and i dont know what im doing wrong..
i would be very happy for a reply
thanks!

brendanmel 29th May 2011 5:27 AM

Hi,
First off, this mod is great. However, it seems to be messing with my cc--it doesn't show up anymore. I'm using the new way of installing content, so is there another reason this is happening? I have late night.
thanks!

ani_ 1st Jun 2011 6:48 AM

brendanmel: I have everything except Generations, and I'm using the new way of adding mods and it works just fine. Just double check your folder structure/resource file is correct.

crispman322 1st Jun 2011 10:04 PM

Epic mod! I just wish you could use the lockpicking set from
ambitions on any house. Then my psychopath sim would be complete :P.

Thanks for the work you put into this ani.

jops444 3rd Jun 2011 11:58 PM

would you be abled to do a stake to kill vampires to make it more realish (if thats even a word)

sciguy77 7th Jun 2011 7:37 AM

I'm not getting the chainsaw option! I can beat em with a poker, bash em with a hammer, and poke em with a knife, but the chainsaw is being stubborn. Is there something special I need to do for the option to come up? I haven't tried it yet, but the ?Talk through Dexter" was a nice touch!
The negative moodlets are a little excessive. For the guy that kills his neighbor over a property line dispute they're OK, but I'm playing an assassin with the Careers mod. I have to kill as part of the job, and after 7 days of a -225 mood modifier I usually end up getting demoted. Any way to dial this back a little bit? The Sim that kills for a living isn't going to feel much remorse IMO. This carries the name Dexter, I doubt if he feels much of anything after a kill.

ani_ 8th Jun 2011 5:16 AM

sciguy77: The chainsaw is something I would like to add, but haven't had the time to do it yet.
If your killer is evil, or mean spirited, they won't get negative moodlets from killing. You can also delete the moodlet by turning on testing cheats enabled, then shift or ctrl clicking on the moodlet in question.

sciguy77 9th Jun 2011 2:00 AM

Thnx Ani. Where it says "And the new one -- Slash with a chain saw" on the overview page made me think you'd just added it. Also, it makes sense that the killer needs to be evil to avoid the negative moodlets. Time to go start training my next assassin by stealing some candy from his son! This mod ROCKS by the way ===

MikuHatsune12 10th Jun 2011 10:03 PM

it doesnt work for me!!! T___T when i download that dexter the bear thing it gives me a folder with a "file that looks a like a piece of paper" and when i click on it, it will tell me that it connot open the website O.O

Chaosrose07 21st Jun 2011 6:14 AM

I know this probably has been mentioned before but it would be awesome if you could add a feature that gives your evil sim a debuff so many days after he killed his previous victim. Just like in Dexter where he has his dark urges that return after he kills someone. I guess a simple way of explaining it would be like how coffee works in sims 3 and after the buff wears out you get a crash.

van Dorn 17th Jul 2011 9:43 PM

Erm... Do sims go to jail after killing? Also, this is really good for movies.

prplrane13 26th Jul 2011 4:21 AM

This is sooooo cool!

Purple_Dance 27th Jul 2011 5:16 PM

I know this might sound stupid, but how do you use this? is it a mod or a game hack? :S And how do you install it?

s2ladolcevita 27th Jul 2011 5:29 PM

Ani, I think it would be great if you could address the issue of not being able to place bear into inventory or make instructions clearer on your download page. Because most of the people here seem to be having this issue with the mod. thanks.

I also can't put the bear into inventory. I have the dll file from step 2 placed in my game bin and I only have the base game, no EPs. What is the problem?

lilman 29th Jul 2011 1:26 PM

Help i cant download it the link isnt working Thanks

PonyY 31st Jul 2011 7:09 PM

Does the mod work with the latest update? Thanks

28forpo900 8th Aug 2011 6:39 AM

Strange... the mod shows up in the menu but when i play i canīt kill anybody. Where Dexter is exactly located? Bought the the teddy but there is no different

RSK10580 24th Aug 2011 3:38 AM

This is fantastic ... I'm not sure it can be done (as I haven't installed it yet), but if you put this in a SIM's inventory and move them out into their own place, will they kill on their own if they are evil, insane, etc.? I think it would be cool to have a random killer in my town to add some story twists and keep it interesting. On occassion of course, I don't want them killing the entire town. If it can't (but you could do that). It would be an amazing update.

mightychance 31st Aug 2011 4:49 AM

i couldn't find out how to make my own comment -_-

I have a mac so how the hell do i do all this???????

Bubblelover10 7th Sep 2011 8:54 PM

I cant get the bear into my inventory! I have Sims 3 and all the expansion and stuff packs,

Minaki 10th Sep 2011 3:13 PM

I have a question about the instalation of the framework. It comes with 3 files: Mods, Game and Resource. I only know where the Mods go.
Considering I have all the current expansions and object packs, should I install the Game and the Resource on the base game or on the latest expansion?
Please reply to my e-mail: mimi__1708@hotmail.com

wolfsbayne 14th Sep 2011 6:24 PM

Is the framework still necessary? I thought that dated back to before late night when you needed to create somewhere to put mods, now EA allows/wants the mods in documents I thought framework was obsolete?

roseangly 21st Sep 2011 10:01 PM

thannnnnnkkksks.

Sea Kitty 1st Oct 2011 3:25 PM

kihihihihi no i cna kill off stupid sims

manii24 2nd Oct 2011 2:33 AM

I was wondering why this wasn't working in my game.. and it was because I never even downloaded it -.-" By the way, this is awesome :D

lowbraincells 2nd Oct 2011 9:18 AM

Just says access denied when i try to install .package file?
Win 7

help?

1234567890girl 10th Oct 2011 12:54 AM

oh cool thanks

1234567890girl 10th Oct 2011 10:47 AM

Things I found (there not bugs i think)
I can kill my toddler with a hammer?
Kids can play with dexter lolz

Emanuelle 10th Oct 2011 7:39 PM

An answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28forpo900
Strange... the mod shows up in the menu but when i play i canīt kill anybody. Where Dexter is exactly located? Bought the the teddy but there is no different

Its uner the study tab then you click "Hobbies & Skills". can you answer my question? Idk if its a Sims3pack or sims3file..which is it?

Cozabella 15th Oct 2011 7:56 AM

Wow this is going to be so much fun >:} killing the sims my sims hate (insert evil laugh here) thanks so much!

031b4289 16th Oct 2011 3:36 AM

this is COOL~

Anonymous Miss 20th Oct 2011 10:49 PM

Dexter is updated for Patch 1.26, right?

dinoman182 21st Oct 2011 4:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Miss
Dexter is updated for Patch 1.26, right?

I don't think so. I tried playing today and even Awesomemod didn't work. So I took everything out, and put things back in one at a time, and dexter didn't work. It appeared but I could not use it at all

majesticg 24th Oct 2011 6:16 PM

Thanks for the update

keb911 24th Oct 2011 8:49 PM

would this mod stop the police from arresting me when I shoot someone with the weapons mod?

sereniticat 26th Oct 2011 1:54 PM

Hi ! Thank you for updating !

fignutten 2nd Nov 2011 6:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue D Nim
EDIT: I did think some of the victims sank or melted into the ground in a weird way. My stabbing victim fell to the ground normally, with your awesome death animation, but the people I bludgeoned to death both melted into little puddles of black stuff.

Thanks!

The ones yuo bash head in withsink into coal cuz he used the animation of burning to death for when you kill them so they will turn into ashes

AyamePasse 2nd Nov 2011 7:09 PM

Lol, this sure works out nicely for certain sims. But I had a suggestion. I don't know if it was because they weren't strangers or because they lived together or what, but after killing another sim, my mean-spirited, evil sim mourned his death and cried for two days... >.< Didn't really make much sense. Think that could be looked into later on?

Thanks for making this, BTW, certainly helps inch the game to the 'adult' level, and what would some evil sims be without the tendency for violence?

ani_ 6th Nov 2011 4:08 AM

AyamePasse: That's normal sim behaviour, to mourn, nothing to do with the mod. You could always just delete the mourning moodlet, turn testing cheats on, and I think it was ctrl or ctrl + alt or ctrl + shift + alt and then left click with the mouse over the moodlet.

Bubblelover10 6th Nov 2011 3:23 PM

I have all the expansion packs except pets, and it wont let me put dexter in my inventory D:

trenton585 13th Nov 2011 12:38 AM

i put dex in my inventory but it won't let me use it at all it just sits there and makes me move it around

SuicidiaParasidia 13th Nov 2011 8:50 PM

ilu ani_. D: just so you know. (the game is so much more fun with this mod. please dont ever stop updating it, & ty for your efforts/sharing. <3)

*leaves bouquet of roses and slowly backs away*

ani_ 14th Nov 2011 7:49 PM

SuicidiaParasidia: lol, thanks

MarsXTC 17th Nov 2011 11:59 PM

I just installd it for the first time, and I can kill people etc, but I cant seem to put the bear into my inventory, is there a fix?

ani_ 18th Nov 2011 3:38 AM

MarsXTC: Make sure your game is up to date. I have all EPS + SP + all patches.

MarsXTC 18th Nov 2011 11:10 PM

My game is up to date, the only EPS I have is pets. What do you mean by patches?

MaxieA98 20th Nov 2011 5:26 AM

I always have unnecessary trauma when I use this... I start freaking out... I make my Sim do bad things, first he killed his bf, then his daughter... when he killed his bf, it said he died of hunger...

iLavoda 22nd Nov 2011 2:53 AM

@ani_ So, I downloaded the mod and everything went fine. I went to buy mode, went to Study-Hobbies, bought Dexter put him in a random place on the ground, then went back to live mode, went to inventory and dragged him in there. Then when I click on him, it won't give me any actions whatsoever. It just lets me move him. Did I do it right? I just got the TS3 and have no expansions. Thanks.

pixylit3 26th Nov 2011 5:46 AM

@ani_
'eyo! I have a question. Like some of the others here, I can buy Dexter and put him in my inventory, but whenever I click on him it doesn't give me any options. I stood in the middle of a crowd and did this as well, still nothing. Respond when you can! <3

bekjuuh 26th Nov 2011 12:22 PM

I can't put the bear in my inventory, am I doing something wrong?
-Edit-
Oh, it seems like i'm missing the dll file. Weird, I thought I already installed that thing...

bekjuuh 27th Nov 2011 5:35 PM

Oh, new problem. When I select a sim to stab my sim just stands there, doing nothing. And the action: 'Select a sim to stab' doesn't go away when I click it unless I drop the bear.

QuantumEagle 27th Nov 2011 11:56 PM

Thank you

QuantumEagle 27th Nov 2011 11:58 PM

Is this Updated I just updated my Game Today and it wont work now